6. Dehydration Means Much Worse Work: “A reduction of 4-5% in body water will result in a decline of 20-30% in work performance.”
7. Large Areas of Land Are Drying Up & Others Are Being Flooded Worse than Ever:
- “Like a patch of desert that has had all the moisture absorbed from its surface, large parts of the world are similarly drying up, releasing less moisture than ever before, or none at all.”
- Fossil water (or non-replenishing groundwater) is being depleted at an astonishing rate from water mining, which is causing sea level rise and may result in tremendous food and water scarcities in the future.
- 20% of Pakistan was flooded at one point this year in what has been deemed one of the worst disasters in modern history. Yes, for various reasons, it didn’t get the media attention it deserved.
9. Water Cures Numerous Health Problems: “Drinking enough water helps many medical ailments: chronic fatigue, allergies, depression, digestive problems, urinary tract problems, constipation and more.”
10. We Have Water, but We Can’t Use It: 75% of our planet is covered in water, but only about 0.08% of that is available for domestic use.
OK, & one bonus fact in case you didn’t know this. Coffee, tea, and soda don’t hydrate you. They are diuretics and lower the amount of water in your body.
& hey, why not one more! “Older Americans have decreased thirst and need to pay special attention to drinking enough water.” As we get older, we need to make sure we don’t forget to drink.
For a lot more info on water, check out this webpage (not linked anywhere above): Water Structure and Science
Photo Credit: © Ahmed Amir